Summer Language & Culture Program - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through CC-CS's semester programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
The Summer Program offers students the option use their summer to discover Seville while living in a homestay and earning up to eight university-level credits. With a few exceptions, courses are taught in Spanish from the beginner to advance levels--our course selection covers a wide array of disciplines from general language to the highly specific courses like "Mosaic: Jews, Muslims, and the Spanish Experience," and include special professional development courses for education, business, and health-oriented students.
Learn the Language...
- CC-CS-designed courses taught by native professors
- Daily interaction with sevillanos
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Córdoba, Ronda, La Rábida, and Columbian sites
- Study visits within Seville to local historical sites and attractions
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- On-site orientation and cultural guidance
- Social activities and fiestas with local students
- Organized cultural events
- Homestays with local families
...with the Center for Cross-Cultural Study
The goal of the Summer Program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for your academic needs and access to language exchanges, cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into life in Seville.
CC-CS program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite CC-CS staff, predeparture support, laundry, day and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a CC-CS transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
3.0 for overall GPA and in Spanish course work (when applicable)
The Center for Cross-Cultural Study
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002