This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
International Peer Leader Application (Undergraduate Orientation)
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Study Abroad Advisor:||
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your regional staff advisor
||Program Type:||Outside Program|
2015 General DescriptionLove William & Mary? Want to introduce new international students to the College? The Reves Center is seeking enthusiastic students to serve as International Peer Leaders for Undergraduate International Student Orientation. International Peer Leaders are volunteers, but gain immeasurable benefits through their service!
As an International Peer Leader, you will:- Assist William & Mary’s newest international students as they transition to life in the United States.
- Serve as a peer leader for a group of new international students.
- Stay in touch with students in your group by email before they arrive, welcome them, and answer their questions about life at William & Mary.
- Provide check-in assistance to new students (this may include leading shopping trips and campus tours, staffing check-in tables, moving students into dorms, etc. Late night check-in assistance will also be needed.)
- Lead small group discussions and activities during orientation workshop sessions.
- Assist the Reves Center with orientation logistics, including food pickups, room setup, etc.
Why become an International Peer Leader? Share in these benefits:- Enhance your advising and leadership experience
- Improve your intercultural communication by meeting students from different countries
- Gain team-building skills as you lead your group
- Be part of a new international student’s first few days in the U.S.
- Move in to your W&M residence hall early, on Tuesday, August 18 (after 5pm)
- Meet new students and have fun!
International Peer Leaders need to be:- Registered as a W&M student
- Skilled at working in a group environment
- Able to interact comfortably with diverse student populations
- Professional, mature, and enthusiastic
- Available for scheduled events. Preference will be given to applicants able to attend all events in a given orientation session
- An ambassador for W&M (e.g., knowledgeable and excited about W&M and able to talk “positively” about the College)
It's helpful, (but not required) if you:- Are an international student, or have experience interacting with a different culture
- Have foreign language experience (especially Chinese or Korean)
Schedule for Undergraduate Orientation International Peer Leaders:Current undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to become Peer Leaders for Undergraduate International Orientation. Preference will be given to students able to attend all trainings and events.
- Training, Friday, April 10, 2015 (1:00-2:30pm OR 3:00-4:30pm)
- Preparation session, Tuesday, August 18, 2015 (10-11am)
- Move-In and Orientation Activities, Tuesday, August 18, 2015 (12pm-2am, in shifts)
- Orientation Activities & Sessions, Wednesday, August 19, 2015 and Thursday, August 20, 2015
Apply!Thank you for your interest in serving as an International Peer Leader! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Emily Bailey(email@example.com).
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
** Students will be notified of their status for this program and be able to complete post-decision materials following the term's application deadline.