The due date for registration of your Summer 2015, Fall 2015, or Academic Year 2015-16 program is April 15th.
- The course pre/post-approval form is not due on the 15th, just try to get courses you can get pre-approved approved before you leave campus so that you can concentrate on courses that require post-approval when you get back.
- Likewise, lack of the passport photo will not prevent registration on the 15th, though do try to get that in when possible.
- The financial aid-related documents (if needed) should be turned in, if only so that we can more quickly get them to the host organization/university for the cost estimates that W&M's Financial Aid office needs. But if they are not checked off by the due date, that is fine.
Processing of registration payments and documents may take a few days, so if you've paid by the deadline don't worry if they haven't shown up as received by the deadline. If your status is still pending on the following Monday (the 20th) because of unreceived materials or payments, and don't think you should be, let us know.
If you encounter any difficulties with registration, cannot complete something in time for any reason, or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com so we are aware of the delay.
How to Apply/Register
Once you've decided where you'd like to study abroad, it's time to apply (if it's a W&M program), or register (if it's not)!
Note that although you must register any third-party program (e.g. API, IES, SIT, Arcadia, etc.) with the Reves Center using this site, you must still apply directly to your program based on their application deadlines, which will often be earlier than W&M's registration deadlines.
It's vital that you inform the College that you will be abroad, so you will not need to re-apply for admission upon your return, and this is the way to do that!
In order to apply/register for a program or scholarship as a W&M student:
1) Select the Program Search tab at the top of the page
2) Search for your chosen program or scholarship. William & Mary study abroad programs are generally indicated by the "W&M" that precedes the program name. If it is not listed there, or doesn't appear to be accepting applications, register your study abroad with the College by applying to Other Study Abroad Program (or Other Study Abroad Program - Travel Warning Country if the country of study is currently under a travel warning according to this State Department website*).
*For non-credit bearing W&M sponsored, funded, or facilitated academic trips to locations covered by a State Department Travel Warning (research, service-learning, etc.) please use the University Travel Warning Review Committee Approval Application.
3) Click "Apply/Register" to login with your W&M ID.
On the Program Application Page, you will see some/all of the following fields (depending on the requirements). All items in each area must be completed and submitted for your application or registration to be complete.
Forms/Agreements that must be printed and physically submitted to the Reves Center for International Studies
Documents that must be read and digitally signed. (Note: Your electronic signature will be viewed and considered as equivalent to a signature on paper.)
Your online application/registration, which contains a variety of basic information, short answer, and/or essay questions. You may begin a questionnaire and work on it periodically by saving your progress. You must click "Submit" in order for the application questionnaire to be logged as complete and ready for review. (Note: once an application has been submitted, responses can no longer be edited.)
Use the available form to request recommendations electronically. (Note: Be sure to contact your recommender(s) in advance, because a recommendation request will be emailed to them when you submit their information). Electronic forms (as opposed to paper ones) are preferred.
Continue an Existing Application/Registration
If you have already begun a program or scholarship application or registration, you may return to work on it at any time before the deadline. Login using your W&M ID and password, and click on the appropriate link under "Applications Filed."
If you are a student at another college or university, apply to a W&M Summer program using a paper application (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one).
If you wish to submit a late application or registration to study abroad, you must complete the Appeal to Committee on Exceptions form, and submit an additional $100 late fee.