Summer Program - Seville, Spain
Gain hands-on professional experience in teaching through the Center for Cross-Cultural Study's (CC-CS) Practicum in Education in Seville, Spain. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
During Summer Term 1, students enroll in a 4 credit course of their choice, including the options of enrolling in language courses, content courses taught in Spanish, and The Psychology of Learning a Second Language, which is taught in English and is recommended for participants in the Practicum.
During Summer Term 2, enrolled students work as Teacher's Assistants in the Center's Playschool Program for Spanish children and use the practical experience to study language-acquisition theory, teaching methodology, and cultural perspectives on the field of education.
Learn the Language...
- CC-CS-designed courses taught by native professors
- Focus on language acquisition theory
- 40 years of experience in teaching language and culture
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Córdoba, Ronda, La Rábida, and Columbian sites
- Study visits within Seville to local historical sites and attractions
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Opportunity to gain professional experience in education
- Daily interaction with Spanish children
- On-site orientation and cultural guidance
- Social activities and fiestas with local students
- Organized cultural events
- Homestays with local families
...with the Center for Cross-Cultural Study
The goal of the Summer Program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for your academic needs and access to language exchanges, cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into life in Seville.
Tuition waived during Summer Term 2. CC-CS program fees include tuition for Summer Term 1, room & board, meals, support of the onsite CC-CS staff, predeparture support, laundry, day and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a CC-CS transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred
- Experience working with children, especially through teaching
- Skills in leadership, communication, organization and problem-solving
The Center for Cross-Cultural Study
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002