C.V Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad in China
¿¿¿¿¿¿,Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou
Middlebury College, in cooperation with CET, operates the C.V. Starr-Middlebury School in China at three sites: Beijing, Hangzhou and Kunming. This immersion program is for WM students who have completed CHIN201 and CHIN202. While three sites all offer intensive mandarin instruction, Hangzhu site features a broad-based curriculum in humanities, including history, art and literature, religious studies, foreign relations, and Chinese social issues. The multi-ethnic city of Kunming will attract students interested in anthropology, social sciences, and environmental sciences. The program in Beijing is designed for students with interests in political science, economics, and arts.
- Academic offerings: Intensive Mandarin language instruction, elective courses in economics, political science, history, arts, environmental sciences, anthropology, etc.
- Length of program: Fall, winter and spring terms.
- Highlights of program: Full-time Language pledge, Chinese roommate, one-on-one tutorial; All courses, including content-based electives are in Chinese.
- Eligibility: At least 4 semesters (5 preferred) of previous Chinese language study.
- Housing: University dormitories with Chinese roommates.
- Website: http://www.middlebury.edu/sa/china
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Approximate Decision Date (Subject To Change)||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: The deadline listed is for REGISTRATION with the Reves Center! The application itself will be due to the third-party provider or host university directly, based on THEIR deadlines (which may be before or after the W&M registration deadline).|