International Studies Program in English - Alicante, Spain
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
International Studies Program
Experience Alicante, Spain with the International Studies Program in English. This program offers students with little or no previous background in Spanish, the opportunity to take courses in English and Spanish at a local Spanish university. With the support of a Resident Director, students enroll in a variety of content courses, specially designed for international students. The program includes numerous cultural activities, day trips, and excursions.
Learn the Language...
- Guided direct enrollment in content courses taught in English and a Spanish language course
- Intensive Language & Culture Period, designed to prepare you for life and study at a foreign campus
- Classes alongside international students
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada, Valencia, los castillos árabes of Alicante, Cathedral of San Nicolás, local museums and cultural sites, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Access to campus resources
- Homestays with local families
The goal of the International Studies Program in English is to allow you to pursue your individual academic interests while guiding you to live as a member of your host community. You benefit from an initial intensive language & culture period that prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university, followed by continued support through access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities that allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de Alicante. In Alicante, Spanish Studies Abroad also runs Spanish-language focused programs for intermediate to upper-advanced levels.
Through university coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Alicante to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
Program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the university.
No previous Spanish coursework required. Minimum 3.0 GPA overall. Enrollment in individual language courses depends upon your placement score on UA's Online Examination and classroom performance during the add/drop period.
Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002