Summer Language & Culture Program - Alicante, Spain
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
The Center for Cross-Cultural Study's (CC-CS) Summer Language & Culture Program is specially designed for students entering absolute beginner to high-advanced Spanish levels who want a rich immersion experience on a Spanish campus. This intensive language program is enhanced by homestays, study visits, cultural activities, and optional complementary survey courses, all of which help to bring context to the language and enhance immersion.
Learn the Language...
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Spanish-Only Policy
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada, Barcelona, los castillos árabes of Alicante, Cathedral of San Nicolás, local museums and cultural sites, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Access to campus resources
- Homestays with local families
...with the Center for Cross-Cultural Study
The goal of the Summer Language & Culture Program is to guide you to live as a member of your host community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for international student learning Spanish and access to cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de Alicante.
Through university coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find CC-CS in Alicante to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
CC-CS program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite CC-CS Resident Director, predeparture support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a CC-CS transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the university.
3.0 for Spanish (if applicable) and overall GPA. Enrollment in individual courses depends upon your placement score on UA's Online Examination and classroom performance during the add/drop period.
The Center for Cross-Cultural Study
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002