Study Abroad in NEW ZEALAND with IFSA
University of Auckland
About the program
Located in the geographical and economical heart of New Zealand's largest city, the University of Auckland is surrounded by beautiful parks, galleries, museums, shopping areas and more bars and cafes than you can count. This prestigious university is ranked within the top 100 universities in the world offering a diverse catalogue of courses in a wide range of subjects.
Located on North Island, Auckland is a sophisticated, multicultural city home to one-third of New Zealand's population. Visit nearby beaches and take advantage of the countless opportunities for outdoor adventure just outside the cit, including 37,000 acres of parkland.
- Apply for the Auckland UpFront Scholarship: up to $7,500 to cover airfare and program deposit (and the rest is distributed as a cash stipend)
- Live and learn on a city campus buffered by parkland, a great environment for the independent student
- Ranks in the top 1 percent of the world's universities and offers unique courses such as Maori language and culture
- Campus contains everything you need plus it boasts an arts center, theatre, and recreation center
- An active students association sponsors a full range of social, political, cultural and athletic activities, including more than 100 clubs and societies
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.