Study Abroad in AUSTRALIA with IFSA
James Cook University
About the Program
Dig deeper into ecology, photography, or marine biology while surrounded by the spectacular rainforests of the Wet Tropics, the dry savannahs and the iconic Great Barrier Reef. IFSA-Butler will help you thrive while at this unique and diverse top-ranked tropical research institution. And just imagine what you'll do on your weekends!
Cairns has a young, cosmopolitan atmosphere with plenty of cafes, bars, restaurants and entertainment
A unique environment with access to the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef (30 minutes by boat) and the tropical rainforests
Townsville is the capital of North Queensland and a center for trade, government, health and education
Located just 10 minutes from the coast and close to the hills of North Queensland the city offers access to both land and sea attractions.
- Experience smaller class sizes and accessible teaching staff at a top-ranked university
- Choose from two campuses:
- Townsville, in natural bushland that is home to wildlife such as cockatoos, kookaburras, scrub turkeys, wallabies and kangaroos. Townsville receives around 320 days of sunshine each year and is in easy reach of The Whitsunday Islands and Charters Towers.
- Cairns, surrounded by rainforest-covered hills is a popular North Queensland tourist attraction. Located 30 minutes from the beach, Cairns is the adventure capital of Australia.
- Each campus offers a relaxing environment with extensive bike paths and local bus services to the central business districts of both cities
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278