How would you like to study in an atmospheric, prestigious campus founded in 1592, where you could walk the same paths as notable alumni such as Oscar Wilde, Bram Stoker, Samuel Beckett, Jonathan Swift, U2’s manager Paul McGuinness, and former presidents of Ireland Mary McAleese and Mary Robinson?
World-renowned, prestigious university in the heart of Dublin since 1592
Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is a world-renowned institution combining history, tradition, and academic excellence with innovation and research leadership. The QS World University Rankings 2015/16 ranked Trinity 78th out of the top 100 universities in the world. Located in the heart of Dublin, within the seclusion and tranquility of a walled campus environment, this college experience would be truly unique, timeless, and impressive on any resume.
You’ll find plenty of courses to choose from in departments such as Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; the Business School and Health Sciences. Among Trinity’s hundreds of course offerings, we recommend selecting courses from a minimum of two departments and a maximum of four departments.
- Join into campus life easily with over 100 College societies and 50 active TCD Sports Clubs to choose from.
- You have the option to apply for Trinity’s competitive three-week pre-session course, Understanding Ireland, prior to the start of the fall semester, which focuses on several areas of Irish Studies.
- In order to be eligible to take classes within the Political Science Department, your minimum GPA must be 3.3 and for the Philosophy or Economics Departments, your minimum GPA must be a 3.5.
- This program is open to students at the Junior or Senior level.
- Virtual Internship Option: Replace one elective course with a virtual internship through Arcadia to add international professional experience to your resume. See the Internship Placement Guide for information about placement details.
- Trinity's many famous alumni reflect the institution's highest academic standards across disciplines, including William Campbell, who was joint winner of the 2015 Nobel Prize for medicine.
- Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses, through Arcadia's planned Excursions and Activities.
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research, and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
Please visit the Arcadia website for dates and the latest program information.
History, tradition, and academic excellence: these are some of the hallmarks of a study abroad experience at Trinity College Dublin. Trinity's 15,000 students are fortunate to enjoy the convenience and excitement of being located in the heart of Dublin while at the same time benefiting from the seclusion and tranquility of the campus environment.
Among Trinity's hundreds of course offerings, you'll need to focus on one subject area. Careful consideration of exactly what you would like to pursue is very important because at Trinity you can expect to take all of your courses within a single teaching department (such as English or Art History) or within a specific interdisciplinary faculty (such as Business, Economics, and Social Science) that encompasses two or three subjects exclusively. Because the academic year at Trinity is divided into three terms of uneven length, the Arcadia University Center for Education Abroad program at Trinity College is available only to students who intend to study abroad for a full academic year.
Academic Year: February 15
450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038-3295
© 2008 Arcadia University.