All applications are completed at the National Project GO Website - https://www.rotcprojectgo.org/
This 8-week program offers 9 semester hours of intensive language instruction and cultural immersion taught by William & Mary faculty on the William & Mary Campus. In addition, classes and workshops on history and culture will build regional knowledge. Students will immerse into the culture through excursions to various Russian Cultural locations in the US as well as virtual tours/programming with European Humanities University.
Year 1 Program - no previous Russian experience required
visits to local shopping and food markets, Russian Cultural sites in Washington DC, Richmond, VA and other locations.
Russian Language House Advisor
Senior Lecturer of Russian Studies
2020 National AATSEEL (American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages) Excellence in Teaching Award Recipient
Arrival date: 28 May 2023
Departure date: 22 July 2023
Must Apply through the National ROTC Project GO Website - https://www.rotcprojectgo.org/
Applications Open: 3 October 2022
Application Deadline: 8 March 2023
All Project GO programs provide funding for the participant:
Room and Board
Travel to/from study location
*The following costs will not be included in Project GO Funding: personal spending money, personal travel, and personal medical insurance.
In order to be eligible, at the time of application, an applicant must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- An undergraduate or graduate student on track to commission through the Army, Naval, or Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), contracted or non-contracted, at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Marine Platoon Leaders Class (PLC) students are also eligible.
- Remain in ROTC for the duration of the program.
- Not be commissioned officers.
- Be in an inactive, non-drilling status.
- Not be employed by the U.S. federal government or any foreign government.
Not Eligible for Project GO
- Non-U.S. citizens
- Active duty military members (not participating in ROTC)
- Navy Seaman to Admiral Program members
- Officer Candidate School participants
- JROTC students
- Service academy students
- Federal government employees
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of merit. Review panels will consider the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Language experience
- Cultural sensitivity
- Commitment to Project GO mission
Questions? Please contact Susan Manion, W&M Project GO Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-4847