CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you. All of our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Internships are competitive and confirmed upon a successful interview. You will have an edge on the competition because CIEE helps you navigate the internship interview process. CIEE staff offer constructive resume revisions and provide you with the tools to succeed in your interview. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
Looking for an insider’s perspective on Europe’s largest economy? Berlin offers booming tech firms, non-profits, and multinational companies where you can expand your business portfolio. A summer internship in Berlin offers a unique professional opportunity in a city of larger-than-life architecture, vibrant nightlife, and friendly, English-speaking local and international residents.
GET TO KNOW SOME OF THE BERLIN'S YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS
through an internship in a city that, in 2020, generated 58% of all the venture capital invested throughout Germany
PAY YOUR RESPECTS AT THE HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL
and visit the amazing Museum Island, named for the complex of five internationally significant museums.
EXPLORE BERLIN'S CITY LIFE
along the Spree River, well known for its numerous cafés, street musicians, beach bars, flea markets, boutique shops and pop-up stores.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know your peers by participating in local activities like going to the open-air cinema, taking a riverboat cruise, or playing soccer
- Visit the multitude of universities, research institutes, museums, and historical sites to expand your understanding of Berlin culture
- Explore the arts scene with trips to local galleries, film festivals, concerts, and theater performances
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of Berlin through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to German culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Approximate Decision Date (Subject To Change)
|Approximately 2 weeks after the deadline
|NOTE: The deadline listed is for REGISTRATION of this program with William & Mary through the W&M Global Education Office here at studyabroad.wm.edu -- but you must apply directly to this program via their system according to THEIR deadlines, which may be earlier than W&M's registration deadline!
** Students will be notified of their status for this program and be able to complete post-decision materials following the term's application deadline.