Study in Sydney on your own terms by customizing your experience through the Open Campus program. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks, select your academic track from six options, then choose your courses from a wide range of subject areas. No matter how you build your program, you will immerse yourself in this welcoming and bustling city.
DO YOUR CLASS READING
at the magnificent Bondi Beach
LEARN ABOUT SOCIAL JUSTICE AND DELIVERY OF SERVICES
in one of the most livable cities in the world
the great Australian outdoors
Excursions & Activities
Each block features a study tour and various activities may include:
- Go on a 3-day/2-night excursion to the nation’s capital, Canberra, to learn about the governance of Australia and witness the highs and the lows of Australian history at the Australian War Memorial and the Reconciliation Place
- Kayak with your “mates” through Sydney Harbor before a traditional Australian BBQ
- Hike the spectacular Blue Mountains with experienced and informed guides ready to share the environmental and cultural history of the spectacular landscape
Projects, Volunteering, or Internships
- Volunteer Opportunities: Sydney Dogs and Cats Home Animal Shelter – work on projects that support the needs of stray dogs and cats in our campus neighborhood. Indigenous Education Center – volunteer for peer to peer tutoring. Women's Library Resource Center – work on projects that support the needs of the center. Code Club Sydney – help young learners from disadvantaged backgrounds learn basic computing skills.
- Internships: Internship opportunities are available as part of the study program in a variety of businesses and NGOs in both private and public organizations.
- Research: Pursue a research project of your own design incorporating independent and local fieldwork.
- Service-Learning: Combine course-based learning with practical, relevant project experience to meet a community-defined need.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight study tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Approximate Decision Date (Subject To Change)||Start Date||End Date|