Located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula, Singapore's great climate and excellent infrastructure - including a highly efficient and affordable public transport system - lets you live, learn and explore in a safe, clean, and green environment. Customize your study abroad experience to include Singapore on the Open Campus Block program with one, two, or three six-week blocks and select your courses from a wide range of subject areas. In Singapore, you’ll be located in the center of the city, with easy access to culture, art, music, and theater as well as shops, restaurants and cafés. Stay in Singapore the entire time or spend other blocks at our Global Institute locations in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Copenhagen, London, Madrid, Yucatán, Monteverde, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Santiago, Shanghai, and Sydney.
TAKE A BOAT
to the rustic Pulau Ubin Island and bike around.
to your heart’s content at one of Singapore’s Michelin Star winning hawker stands.
gigantic monitor lizards wander through the historic Singapore Botanical Gardens.
Excursions & Activities
Explore the capital city of Indonesia's Special Region of Yogyakarta.
Experience the cultural richness of the port of Malacca in Indonesia.
Learn about hawker cuisine, and the heritage behind street food in Singapore.
Visit Sentosa Island History Museum and learn about WWII battles on this strategic island.
Explore the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve trail, the only primary forest in Singapore.
Projects and Volunteer Opportunities
Teach at local centers for youth rehabilitation.
Explore service-learning at the Singapore nature and parks boards.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Singapore society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Approximate Decision Date (Subject To Change)||Start Date||End Date|