International Business Program in English - Alicante, Spain
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
International Business Program
The International Business Program in English is a great opportunity for professionally-oriented students to take business classes, taught in English, alongside Spanish and other international students, and to benefit from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad programming. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the alicantino culture.
Learn the Language...
- Guided direct enrollment in business courses, taught in English and specifically-designed for business students
- Intensive Language & Culture Period, designed to prepare you for life and study at a foreign campus
- Classes alongside both international and Spanish students
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada, Barcelona, los castillos árabes of Alicante, Cathedral of San Nicolás, local museums and cultural sites, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Access to campus resources
- Homestays with local families
...with the Spanish Studies Abroad
The goal of the International Business Program in English is to allow you to pursue your interests in business while guiding you to live as a member of your host community. You benefit from an initial intensive language & culture period that prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university, followed by continued support through access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities that allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de Alicante. In Alicante, Spanish Studies Abroad also runs Spanish-language focused programs for intermediate to upper-advanced levels.
Through university coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Aborad in Alicante to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
Program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the university.
Two years of high school spanish or two semesters of elementary college Spanish, or the equivalent. Minimum 3.0 GPA for Spanish coursework. Enrollment in individual language courses depends upon your placement score on UA's Online Examination and classroom performance during the add/drop period.
Contact: Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002